Sunday, December 2, 2012

This Is Why Your Son Is Gay


I figured I'd start off my pseudo holiday gift guide with a look at what I already own. (Is this because what follows will basically be my own personal wish list of stuff I've discovered exists but haven't acquired yet? Huh. Maybe.)

A few years ago I started a Male Shirtless (or Less) (Non-Wrestler) Action Figure collection. I already had a couple just from naturally collecting a few other lines (Casual Homer, Gollum, and the Warg Rider) and, honestly, I think I was just looking for an excuse to grab the Twilight Jacob figure.  I knew plenty of other figures existed that would fit this category though, and as a toy designer and collector, I liked the idea of having a collection theme that would allow me to pick up random figures from lines I wouldn't otherwise get anything from. And it's fun to just spot them randomly at department stores, Sub-Mariner and Kamandi were like that. Since I don't regularly follow their lines, I don't know they're coming until they're there.

It's fun to watch themes within the collection develop too. There's a tattoo subset (Jimbo, Jacob, Anakin, Darth Maul, Aqualad, and the Skateboarder guy.) And I thought Homer and Willie would be the only yellow ones but nope! There's That Yellow Bastard! With a syringe. And a whip.

(P.S. It's "non-wrestler" because the vast majority of wrestling figures are shirtless. And I don't like professional wrestling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment